I have seen quite a rise in blog followers the last few months so I thought it would be a good time to do a friday introductions post! To make it easy on myself and because I love lists, I am just going to share 10 things you may not know about me.
1. I love all things girly- heels, tulle skirts, jewelry, make-up but rarely ever even pull it out because I live with a house full of boys (and I also live in my yoga pants!).
2. We have a real life fixer upper (Chip and JoJo fans anyone??). We bought our 120+ year old victorian home almost 10 years ago and have been gutting and remodeling ever since. I have a love/hate relationship with it.
3. Before I started my photography business, I was a professional scrapbooker. I created sample pages for companies and magazines and had my work and photos in several national publications and trade shows and even on product packaging. I still have a HUGE stash of scrapbook supplies and MILLIONS of pages hidden in our “junk room”.
4. I am currently painting every room in my house white. We used to have mostly brown rooms and then one day I was tired of the drab looking color. So we started with one room and now every room is slowly being painted white (or light grey).
5. I have watched every single episode of gilmore girls at least 5 times. Maybe more. I wish I could eat at Luke’s and hang with Loralei and Rory for day!
6. I have an amazing amount of song lyrics stored in my brain… And my music lyric knowledge extends to many genres-country, pop, rap, southern rock, 80’s, bluegrass, and golden oldies.
7. I should have been a jingle writer or commercial slogan person. I am constantly making them up. My kids think they are pretty funny…and my hubby thinks the adult version ones are.
8. I go in cycles of hoarding and binging around my house. It is usually item specific. I will buy a lot of clothes or decor or newborn props, etc and then I get sick of the clutter and throw it all out! This materialistic girl has a simplistic heart deep down!
9. I am major brand snob at times. Especially with food. If my hubby buys generic of certain things, I get so annoyed!
10. Despite all the wonderful things in my life, the thing I am most proud of is my marriage. It isn’t perfect and has had many ups and downs over the years, but it is the foundation for all other good things that I have- kids, my business, and our home. I can’t imagine a life without my husband by my side. We are best friends and spouses and that is the perfect combo.
If you enjoyed this post and want to know a little more about us, you can read Our Story here!