I am so grateful that my job allows us to travel so much! We were so excited to visit San Francisco for Charlotte & Tyler’s Elopement but also had several days to explore California and have some fun too! We were surprisingly shocked to find COOL weather there. Even though we knew it was supposed to be colder than here, we didn’t realize just how cold! The entire trip was sweater weather which is one of my favorites! Also the fog and hills are something you know exist there but just don’t realize what it is like until you see it yourself!
One thing you must know about Travis and I is that we are Foodies! We love finding cool spots to eat when we travel. This trip we hit some AMAZING spots! Hands down my favorite meal we had was at Garden & Son. It was a cute little restaurant but it was the BEST MEAL EVER and the presentation of the food blew my mind!!! You can see it below with the French toast and fruit explosion on top! Here are some of our favorite things we did the we thought were noteworthy for anyone visiting San Francisco:
- Visit Umbrella Alley! All the colorful photos below are from there and it was fun to see all the artwork and snap some photos. They even have little phone stands so you can take selfies with each installation!
- Son & Garden. This spot was my favorite! It was very beautifully decorated but also had the most incredible food! The French toast was to die for. The best I have ever had.
- Salt & Straw– This ice cream shop had the most incredible flavors and each was amazing. We visited multiple times…it was that good!
- Pallete House– We had to have Dim Som while visiting. And this place was amazing!
- Ghiradelli– We had to try the famous sundae and it was on point for sure! Plus who doesn’t love free chocolate samples?!
- Land’s End/Sutro Baths. This spot was stunning! We had a session there and could have stayed for hours. The short hikes are worth it for the incredible views!
- Pier 39. We visited our first night and enjoyed a yummy meal at Fog Harbor. Travis tried their famous Clam Chowder Bread Bowl. My favorite thing at the Pier was seeing the Sea Lions on the docks.
- Sausalito Ferry- WE took the ferry to Sausalito our second day. It was a fun way to see the skyline, get great views of Alcatraz and also the Golden Gate Bridge. We enjoyed exploring Sausalito as well!
- San Francisco City Hall– Our wedding elopement was there but I am telling you- VISIT IT. IT is the most stunning building! I was in awe!
- Painted Ladies- I had to visit. I mean I grew up watching Full House as a kid. The park in front was super crowded, but we go to “see” it for ourselves.
- Urban Putt- On our last night after we finished up the wedding and went out for a last round of ice cream, I decided I didn’t want to go to be early even though we departed at 3am. So we headed to Urban Putt for the COOLEST indoor putt-putt course I have ever played. It was the perfect ending to our trip!
Our session at Land’s End…
We had a great time visiting and can’t wait to see where our work takes us next!!